Raffle terms and conditions
Thank you for supporting Barnsley Hospital Charity. These terms and conditions refer to entry to our Christmas raffle.
- The cost of each ticket entry into the Barnsley Hospital Charity Christmas raffle is £1. You may purchase more than one ticket but the maximum number of tickets is one hundred (£100) per draw. Payment to enter the raffle must be made in advance of the draw date. Any payment received after the draw date will be treated as a donation. The maximum combined value of Barnsley Hospital Charity raffle tickets you may purchase in any twelve month period is £200.
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 years. The Promoter reserves the right to carry out age verification checks.
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit their prize and the stake will be returned.
- The Barnsley Hospital Charity Christmas Raffle is open to all UK residents aged 16 years and over, except employees of Barnsley Hospital Charity who are directly involved with the raffle, their agencies and other companies directly involved in the running of the raffle. This means that entries will not be accepted from the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and BFPOs.
- Raffle ticket entry payments will not be accepted from business bank accounts. This includes cheques and all other forms of payment.
- To purchase raffle tickets entrants must be residents of Great Britain (only) and 16 years of age or over.
- Online or telephone payments for lottery and raffle tickets by credit card are not permitted. Payments using this method will be rejected. Lottery and raffle payments by debit card are accepted. For more information, please visit gamblingcommission.gov.uk. Postal payment for raffle tickets is still permitted by credit card. However, some credit card providers may charge a cash advance fee for doing so. Check with your provider.
- The Promoter will run a Christmas raffle each year in November/December 2023.
- Monies raised by this raffle will support the activities of the direct services of Barnsley Hospital Charity, registered charity number 1058037.
- Participation in this raffle can be made by returning ticket stubs in person with appropriate payment (cheque payable to Barnsley Hospital Charity or cash) Raffle tickets will be entered into the draw only when the whole payment is received.
- The Promoter cannot accept CAF payments for raffle entries and all CAF payments will be treated as donations.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for raffle tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- Any ticket entries received after the closing date may miss entry into the draw and therefore will be considered as a donation to Barnsley Hospital Charity.
- A live selection of paper tickets is used to select raffle prize winners.
- Prizes will be allocated in order of the tickets being drawn from the first prize down to the last one. Read full details of raffle prizes.
Prizes are allocated as follows:
- First prize: £1,000
- Second prize: Christmas Hamper
- Third prize: Chocolate Hamper
The likelihood of a ticket winning any prize in our raffle is Chance 1 in 1,667. The result of the raffle draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Please keep the ticket or allocated number as proof of purchase.
- Winners will be notified by telephone within 5 working days and on the Barnsley Hospital Charity website within 10 working days.
- Where the Promoter is unable to contact a prize winner so that a prize remains unclaimed for six months following the Promoter’s first attempt to notify the prize winner, the Promoter may apply the prize as it sees fit, including re-offering the prize in future raffles.
- All winners are required to co-operate with the Promoter’s right to publish their win as and where deemed appropriate, and to provide proof of age when requested.
- In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, the Promoter reserves the right to administer the raffle as though the error had not occurred. Where the Promoter deems it appropriate and/or feasible it will notify entrants of the error.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
- Refunds for payment of raffle tickets will be given under the following circumstances: 1) a person under the age of 16 took part in the raffle, including after the draw took place. 2) a credit card was used to enter the raffle for an online payment or payment over the telephone. 3) a duplicate payment was taken due to a Barnsley Hospital Charity technical connection failure, where the refund hasn’t already been processed by bank transfer.
- The Barnsley Hospital Charity raffle is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- The Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the Barnsley Hospital Charity raffle is final.