- This event has passed.
Tandem Skydive (June)
Saturday 3 June 2017
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THIS DATE HOWEVER WE STILL HAVE PLACES AVAILABLE FOR 14TH JULY…
Always wanted to skydive?
Barnsley Hospital Charity are organising an event you do not want to miss!
You’ll be exiting a perfectly good aircraft and enjoying the highest skydive in the UK
whilst also raising valuable funds for Barnsley Hospital Charity.
What kind of skydive will I be doing?
A Tandem skydive allows you to enjoy one minute of adrenaline-fuelled freefall harnessed to the front of a BPA-qualified instructor and you simply need a short 20-minute briefing beforehand as it is the instructor who opens and lands the parachute. It will be the most exhilarating experience of your life!
How much do I have to fundraise?
There are 2 payment options that you can choose:
- To pay for the Skydive in full and therefore there is no minimum sponsorship – The maximum this would be would be £249 (including the registration fee below) however with more people participating in this event for our charity this cost is reduced!
- To fundraise a minimum of £500 in sponsorship which will cover the cost of your skydive as well as raising a minimum of £300 for the charity.
For both options we ask you to pay a £50 registration fee upon booking your skydive. This registration fee is paid to the skydive company and is non-refundable.
Every extra penny that you raise over the minimum comes straight to us, so please try to raise as much as you possibly can!
How to take part
- Complete the ‘Skydiving Registration form’ and either drop it into the hospital, post it or scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reserve a place on your chosen date by paying a deposit of £50 per person to the charity office. This registration fee is paid to the skydive company and is non-refundable.
Start fundraising! You will be provided with official sponsorship forms to collect donations from friends and family and you can also register to fundraise online via http://www.justgiving.com/barnsleyhospitalcharity
- Before the skydive, the charity will be in contact to confirm you have managed to raised the minimum sponsorship amount so we can authorise payment of your skydive.
- On the day of your skydive you will need to arrive at the airfield at the designated time and register in the reception.
- You will complete 20 minutes of training with your instructor.
Who can take part in a Tandem Skydive?
AGE RESTRICTIONS – Tandem Skydiving
• Overall age range: 16 years and older. There is no upper age limit for tandem skydiving.
• Age 16-17: Parental consent in the form of parental/legal guardian signature is required on the Skydive
WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS – Tandem Skydiving
• Maximum weight: 16 stones (100kg) for both males and females
Although it is less important to be physically fit for a tandem skydive, students must be aware that some weather conditions are less suitable for students who are less physically fit, less agile, in particular those with a high Body Mass Index of 27.5 or over and/or are close to the weight limit or for those with physical disabilities. These students may have to wait for more favorable weather in order to complete their skydive, particularly if winds are light and this could result in the skydive being postponed to an alternative date.
BPA FITNESS FORM 115a/115b
Only the official BPA forms should be used – letters or notes from doctors or medicals for any other activity will not be accepted.
• Fitness form 115a is for those who can self-declare, meaning you can agree to the terms in the form.
• Fitness form 115b is for those with medical conditions, recent or recurring injuries or who are unable to declare themselves fit to jump for any reason. All forms should be brought along on the day – we do not require them in advance.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND NOTES – Please Read Carefully
Certain medical conditions (for example, epilepsy, some cardiovascular and neurological conditions and some forms of diabetes) or recurring injuries (for example, recurring dislocations) may preclude you from participating in a skydiving course. If you are in any doubt, please contact the parachute centre or consult the notes on the BPA form for more detailed information.
We reserve the right to refuse training or to postpone a jump if weather conditions or other factors are deemed not suitable for an individual student at the Centre Chief Instructor’s discretion.
What about insurance?
The only type of insurance included is the mandatory membership to the British Parachute Association. There is no medical or personal accident insurance included. However, if you would like to take out a one-off tandem jump policy then this is your choice. We cannot provide or recommend insurance however there are several companies that offer this including Sky Cover www.sky-cover.co.uk or call 0844 892 1515 for a quote.
If you have any queries, please contact the Charity Office on 01226 431650 or email BarnsleyHospitalCharity@NHS.Net. If you need any information about the skydive itself or the age, weight and medical restrictions then please contact Skydive Hibaldstow directly on 0113 250 5600 or email email@example.com as they are in the best position to answer any questions.